New Picture (116)Only 17% of allergy sufferers say they get a good night’s sleep. The other 83% are plagued with symptoms such as sneezing, itchy eyes and a runny nose. The more severe your allergy symptoms are during the night, the harder it is to wake up feeling rested and ready for the day. Allergy medication can sometimes help alleviate symptoms, but can also leave you feeling groggy the next day. Fighting the symptoms of allergies can be helpful to some degree, but maximum allergy relief can only be felt if you also work to eliminate the allergens that are causing your symptoms. Protecting your bed is one of the best ways you can fight allergens to help improve sleep. If your bed is not protected, allergens such as pollen, dust mites and pet dander can accumulate in the fibers of your mattress, pillows and other bedding items. You can easily inhale these allergens while you sleep, and your symptoms will be triggered all throughout the night. How Can I Protect My Bed? Protecting your bed is as simple as using specially designed allergy protection bedding. These items include mattress encasements, zippered pillow protectors, specialty comforters and more. All items are made out of a tightly-woven material designed to keep allergens from entering or escaping your bedding. This means that not only will allergy protection bedding keep allergens out, but will trap allergens that have already settled into your bedding, ensuring that you will not inhale them while you sleep. Keep reading the list below for a more in depth look at allergy bedding products and how they work in order to protect your bed:

  • Mattress Encasements - Forms a protective shell around your mattress to keep it clean and fresh. Creates seal to keep allergens out and traps already accumulated allergens within. Encasements can be used underneath a mattress pad.
  • Pillow Encasements - Different from a pillowcase because it creates an enclosed protective space for your pillow. Keeps your pillow clean and fresh. Creates seal to keep allergens out and traps already accumulated allergens within. Also protects against buildup of dead skin and dust mite fecal matter within your pillow. Pillow encasements can be used underneath a traditional pillowcase.
  • Pillows -  Tightly woven fabric shell prevents allergens from collecting in the pillow.  Pillows should still be used with a pillow encasement to ensure maximum protection and to keep your pillow cleaner in between washings.
  • Mattress Pads - Allergen barrier fabric prevents household allergens from collecting in the pad while adding extra comfort to your mattress.
  • Comforters - Allergen barrier fabric prevents allergens from collecting in the comforter and aggravating your allergies, all while keeping you warm and comfortable while you sleep.

Getting a good night’s sleep is important, especially if you’re suffering from allergy symptoms during the day. A protected bed will help protect you and your family from allergens when you are at your most vulnerable, allowing you to wake up in morning feeling rested.